Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Foraying into Stamping

I bought my first set of stamps years ago at a sale in school.  I probably used it a handful of times and there it sat for years collecting dust.  Little did I know that stamping would be such a popular crafting tool this many years later, and how the world of stamping has evolved! 

I have to admit, I hesitated on stamping my cards because of how costly stamps and inks are.  I'd need a different stamp for every occasion!  And then there's embossing!  But now I'm proud to tell you that I'm officially addicted to stamping as well!  In many ways it seems so much easier than using the Cricut to create my cards, and it creates a different style of cards that I could not get with the Cricut alone.  I attended one stamping class with Shelley and fell in love!  I'm even considering signing up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Eeek, I can see my bills racking up really fast!

Here are a couple of cards she taught us to make the class.  All materials were from Stampin' Up, which makes only excellent quality products.

I love to add different textures and dimensions to cards and I love that I can still incorporate this into stamped cards.


I'm in love with the white craft ink from Stampin' Up which I can use to stamp on dark paper, and in this card, on vellum.  I'll have to work on stamping in tight spaces using wood mount stamps - I just can't seem to get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...